Return to the Reader's Paradise Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I got a Nook! Help? How to get e-books?

Posted by ladyrose65 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 10, 14 at 4:04

I bought a Nook 7' HD+ 16,GB, and I don't know how to get e-books for free. I used the B&N 50,000 free e-books and tried to download two books it tried loading for 20 min and said could not connect. Could I be missing a storage card? I went to e-pub and the books were in spanish. I have yet to have a book experience with this nook. Please direct me to some free e-books sites that don't try to enforce a monthly membership fee. I will take suggestions for those sites. But I just want to have my first book experience. I love classic literature, especially romance (Pride and Prejudice). Does it come with the dictionary and highlighter with the Nook? Is it something I have to buy and download?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I got a Nook! Help? How to get e-books?

google it

o

I don't have a nook, but try this site and make sure you read the comments as they seem to be helpful. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: How to get books onto the nook

o

My public library has downloadable books, and a nice lady at the reference desk showed me how to do it. They only stay on the reader for two weeks, though.

o

I tried the library, none of the titles were of interest to me.

Thanks for the site.

o

GOOGLE IT

o

ladyrose65,
I'm including the link to a website called Pixel of Ink. You can sign up for a daily email with free Kindle and Nook books. Some books are simply discounted, but many are free (usually for a limited time).

And here is a Youtube video on getting free Kindle/Nook books. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdqkhVo0F8M

Enjoy your new Nook!

Here is a link that might be useful: Pixel of Ink

o

Thanks Evenshade.

I am confused, do Kindle books work on Nook with their app download? It does not mention Nooks, on the Amazon Kindle app, yet they sale Nooks. I went to a B&N website, but the forum questions were dated for past versions of Nooks and Kindles.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Reader's Paradise Forum

Instructions

• You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
  • HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
  • No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Send us mail... Film reviews... Art reviews... User forums... Info on this site...

Learn more about in-text links on this page here