SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrsig

Stephen King's Cell

mrsig
18 years ago

Just finished reading this over the weekend and would like to hear some fellow discussion.

It was not exactly what I expected. When I heard the concept (a cell phone "pulse" turns all those that answer their phone into rage-filled "zombies"), I thought it was pretty interesting, and I'm always a sucker for post-apocalyptic books/movies, so I gave it a try.

Whereas I was expecting an action-packed novel, full of narrow escapes and bloody ends, what I got was a lot more thoughtful than that. After the initial chaos of the "pulse," the main survivors just tend to meander towards a specific destination while the "phone crazies" begin to evolve into something "else." Not what I expected, but definitely interesting. Plus, I wasn't too crazy about the abrupt ending either.

Overall, I'm glad I read it, and it was a fairly quick read for me, but I'm still not certain how I feel about it.

For the record, I'm not an avid Stephen King reader, having read only Dreamcatcher before, so maybe this is normal territory for him. I dunno.

Thoughts?

Comments (19)