SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beatrizann

Kristin Lavransdatter Trilogy

BeatrizAnn
9 years ago

I just finished reading Sigrid Undset's Nobel Prize book for the SECOND time. I could almost read it again. It's not a book; it's an experience. Every woman who has ever fallen in love, married a less than perfect man, raised a large family and still remained Catholic needs to read this book. I compiled a list of characters as I went along to help me keep track of all the threads / events in the book. would like to include it here because it is the best help I can offer to anyone else who would like to read Kristin. I'll have to insert the list 1/2 at a time, otherwise it think it's too long for the webform.
Ivar Gjesling- The Knight of Sundbu d. 1306.
J�rundgaard- at the top of the open lands at Sil; this is the manor where Kristen grew up, her mother�s manor that she inherited.
Dyfrin- This is the Andresson family manor
Formo- Simon Andresson�s manor that he inherits from his family
Mandvik- The widow Halfrid Erlingsdatter�s manor
Tordis and Jon � Ragnfrid�s servants at J�rundgaard
Kristin Lavransdatter, the protagonist. Frida Skyrkaarsdatter and Gunhild- her trusted serving women @ J�rundgaard.
Lavrans Bj�rgulfsson, her father (also referred to as Lavrans Langmandsson). His manor is Skog at Follo, near Oslo
Guldsveinen � his horse
Ragnfrid Ivarsdatter, Kristin's mother (Ivar Gjesling�s daughter)
Ulvhild Lavransdatter, Kristin's younger sister, left chronically ill and unable to walk after an accident
Ramborg Lavransdatter, Kristin's youngest sister, eventual wife of Simon Darre.
Andres Simonson � Ramborg and Simon�s son
Ulvhild Simonsdatter - Ramborg and Simon�s dughter
Trond Ivarson, this wife, Gudrid and their three small sons- Ragnfrid�s brother and sister in law from Sundu, Trond was carrying Ulvhild when the mad bull caused the fateful accident that maimed her.
Simon Darre (also called Simon Andresson), initially betrothed to Kristin, later her brother-in-law.
Halfrid Erlingsdatter, a widow and Simon Darre�s first wife. Their deceased son is Erlend, Simon�s daughter with his serving woman at Halfrid�s manor, Mandvik, is Arngjerd). Simon raises her and on his deathbed begs Kristen to take her in should his widow remarry.
Gyrd and Inga of Finsbrekken
Aasmund Bj�rgulfsson Kristen�s uncle, Lavrans� brother
Gyrid � Aasmund�s wife
Erlend Nikulausson, Lady Aashild�s nephew, a reckless and handsome man who seduces and marries Kristin
Munan Baardson � Lady Aashild�s son
Gunnalf Nikulausson � a monk, Erlend�s brother
Soten- Erlend�s horse
Ulf Haldorsson- Erlend�s arms-bearer and faithful companion; weds Jardtrud Herbrand in J�rundgaard. His father is Sir Baard Petersson...

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Maruca Design / Build
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Exceptional Residential Design and Remodeling Services in Fairfax