Return to the Reader's Paradise Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Young Adult Fiction 60s, 70s, 80s

Posted by blueiris24 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 19, 07 at 20:04

Are you aware of any web sites that list books that were published for young adults in the 1960s, 70s, and/or 80s? I'm trying to find a couple books and I can't recall their titles, and I'm not having much luck with my internet searches. TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Young Adult Fiction 60s, 70s, 80s

I don't know websites, but the 60s and 70s I was reading much that now would be called young adult (wasn't then). Can you describe them?

o

You could try to ask at Booksleuth. In the past I managed to track down three books out of four.

grelobe

Here is a link that might be useful: Booksleuth

o

I was a big reader during that time and was hoping to find some of the other titles that were popular, although not necessarily published, during that period. Island of the Blue Dolphins is one example. Daddy Long Legs, although published earlier, was one that was popular. I'm also hoping to find a book I checked out from the library in the 70s that was very thick, it was about a girl and I believe her name started with a K from what a remember - and that's it! ;0

o

There is a sequel to Daddy Long-Legs-called Dear Enemy...views on education have changed a lot, but if you remember when it was written, it's fun. She also wrote two books about Patty-Just Patty and Patty Goes to College.

o

You might try looking at books such as 100 Best Books for Teens, or looking at the American Library Association website. They have lots of lists of young adult fiction.

o

Possibly the books you are trying to remember won an award. Here is a link to the Newbery honor and award books. Sometimes they are children's books, but just as often they are YA books.

Rosefolly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Reader's Paradise Forum

Instructions

• You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
  • HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
  • No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Send us mail... Film reviews... Art reviews... User forums... Info on this site...

Learn more about in-text links on this page here