:-)

Credit: Tom Gauld.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bookshelf Humor...

Touche!

o

The only thing missing in mine is the color coding... and the ladder.

o

I have far too many of those Green coded books. I saved lovely art books from a library overhaul once but I have never read them. They do fill the tall bottom shelf though!

o

I am consoled by the brown code: knowing that it happens to other readers! I suspect that half of my library would be brown if I used the cartoonist's color coding.

o

I don't think I've got many across the bottom row, but the others? Oh yes!

o

And here I thought I was the only one like that! LOL

o

Love it. Wonderful cartoon!

o

I love it also! I could add another category: I've owned it so long that surely I've read it ... but maybe not.

o

I have noticed that some 'real' people do actually shelve their books by colour. So all the red-covered books go on the second shelf, the blue on the top and so on. Then they sub-divide them by size, so big tall red are on the second shelf left, smaller, but fat and slightly pinker are in the middle . . . and on it goes. They probably dust them every week.
I always presume these sort of folk never actually read anything they own. ;-(

o

Related to what Veer mentioned, I've also seen in some posh interior decorating mags that designers have been putting books with their spines facing inside the shelf and the pages facing out, so all the books look very similar.

From a design perspective, very nice. From a real life reading perspective, not very useful. :-)

o

lemonhead, I've seen some of those back-to-front book pictures, and it gives me the heebie-jeebies. What kind of a real person would do that? It's almost worse than the faux decorator books.

o

Yes, I hate those backwards books, too. They make my skin crawl. How could you ever find the book you want to read?

I've decided that decorators who do that must be functionally illiterate.

I do sometimes sort by size, but that is only so I can get more books on the shelves. Never by color.

Rosefolly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Reader's Paradise Forum

Instructions

• You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
  • HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
  • No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Send us mail... Film reviews... Art reviews... User forums... Info on this site...

Learn more about in-text links on this page here