SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mylab123

have you ever.....

mylab123
9 years ago

Have you ever.......

A couple of weeks I started a work of fiction, beautifully written, such carefully developed characters who become so real that they stay with you even when you put the book down for awhile?

A work of fiction which is also so dark and disturbing that about halfway through it you want to RUN from it, throw it away, get it out of your home?

But still, a work of fiction which draws you in so deeply and is so finely crafted that you feel obligated somehow to stick it out to what you just know will be the bitter end?

"Dark Places", so aptly titled, by that fine author Gillian Flynn is just such a book. Never have I been so relieved to finish a book of fiction, yet am so glad I read this finely crafted novel.

I can't imagine what it must be like to go through the process to create such a tale.
But, I've completed it and for my dessert, I pulled out Amy Tan's "The Valley Of Amazement".

Amaze me Amy, but please be gentle. I've been beaten up by the last tale I read and now need a beautiful tale with at least some small modicum of happiness woven in.

Comments (9)