Return to the Reader's Paradise Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Doggie update

Posted by twobigdogs (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 12:07

Hello Friends,

It's been touch and go with me here at RP. I keep vowing to get back regularly, and I do lurk. Lots. Time to get posting again.

And this seemed like the perfect way to begin. We lost our beloved black lab Capt. Nemo about six months ago. (He was one of the original dynamic duo in my RP name TwoBigDogs.)

Our almost one year old black lab pup, Sir Winston Churchill, Winston for short, fell into a deep depression. Although we still missed Capt. Nemo, we knew we needed to find a buddy for Winston. Now.

Wait... this isn't all sad... I promise.

I would like to introduce the new boy... 1 1/2 year old Bloodhound mix. He was adopted about a month ago and he is the most affectionate dog. He is perfectly content to snuggle while I read. I do believe we need him as much as he needs us.

And his name... are you ready?
His name is Booker.

Guess what we call him for short?
Books!

Thanks for thinking of me sometimes and wondering where I have been.
PAM

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Doggie update

Nice to hear from you, Pam, and congratulations on you new happy-face (?) dog. Maybe he can curl up on your feet and keep them warm while you post more on RP.

o

What a regal face !!
He looks like a real sweetheart.

o

What a lovely boy!
Have you read Jennifer Crusie's "Anyone but You? He reminds me of Fred the rescued dog in that book. Not the same breed, I think but the same mournful, soulful look.

o

Congratulations on your new addition to the family. He is beautiful. Love the name.

o

He looks like a sweet guy. Hope you've been reading some good books, too.

o

Welcome back, and glad all is well. Love Books!! He sounds like a perfect companion for both humans and canines. :-)

o

Welcome back, and I'm so glad you found a new friend for yourself and Winston! What a perfect name too. :)

o

Thank you all! It is good to be back. I am getting my little list together to post on the monthly thread. I have been reading. I have been buying books, too. Oh my...

Books is a great dog although he is getting spoiled rather quickly. Thank you for the sweet comments. Annpan, I did not read "Anyone but You". However, as you all know... I seldom need too many excuses to buy another book!

PAM

o

I like the animals in the Crusie books, even though one changes sex halfway through "Welcome to Temptation" (Sloppy editing!) but I tend to skip the bedroom scenes!
I thought I had better mention those....

o

PAM, I think your Winston Churchill should have been a bulldog!
Over here we have a TV advert for an insurance co. called Churchill with a 'puppet' type bulldog mascot. Often school children, sadly lacking in any basic knowledge of history, when asked who 'Churchill' was, answer "He's the dog off the telly."

Here is a link that might be useful: 'Churchill' ad

o

Oh veer, that is so sad. We have the same problem over here in that history classes often end right before the world wars as they are "difficult to teach". So many ugly yet important facets of history are glossed over these days because everyone is afraid to offend others. I think it would be more offensive should those sad moments repeat themselves. That being said, the commercial is funny!!

He was actually named after Churchill because even as a puppy, he had a wrinkly forehead and a constant scowl on his little face, just like most of the photos of Churchill.

PAM

o

I'm glad you found yourself another dog to love, Pam. I have never owned dogs myself, but all the bloodhounds I have ever met have been easy-going and affectionate, and who can resist those sad, droopy faces?

o

Congrats. I am so happy for you, as a fellow dog-lover.

o

What a face! So glad you found each other!

o

Welcome back, Pam. And welcome to your new Big Dog.

Rosefolly

o

Thank you everyone. I missed you and honestly, my TBR list is not nearly as interesting when I am not involved. I have noticed that BEING WITH YOU here at RP motivates me to read more.

PAM

o

Congratulations Pam on finding someone as lovely as Books to keep everyone company.

I too have two dogs, though of much smaller statures. Sospan (Welsh for saucepan, believe it or not) is a Yorkshire Terrier, while Scarlet is West Highland Terrier and when both are on my lap at the same time I just have enough room left for a book, but enjoy their companionship.

Bill

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Reader's Paradise Forum

Instructions

• You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
  • HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
  • No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Send us mail... Film reviews... Art reviews... User forums... Info on this site...

Learn more about in-text links on this page here