SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
socks12345

"All the Light You Cannot See" question, poss. spoiler

socks
9 years ago

Possible SPOILER here for those who have not read the book:

In the book, what happened to the jewel in the end of the book? Did it find its way back to the museum, or was it lost forever? I cannot remember, myself, and my friend who just read it is asking me.

Comments (3)

• woodnymph2_gw
    9 years ago

Socks, I wish I could remember, but it has been almost a year since I read the book. Sorry....

• maxmom96
    9 years ago

Spoiler ahead.

When they parted, she left the key to gate in his hand, and even though he didn't know about the stone in the little house (or did he?) he knew there was a reason why she took him to that spot and he saw her set the house in the water. Smart as he was, he was able to crack the code to open the box and I think he took out the stone, left it in the water (at low tide) and then put the key back in the box, hoping he would meet her again and be able to return it to her. It is never said how he knew there was something of value in the house though. At the end where Max has the ability to open the box seems to bring it full circle.

I thought it was a beautifully written book, and a great ending, even though it does make us wonder. Isn't that what book are supposed to do?

• socks
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, Maxmom, for taking time to answer. I enjoyed the book but felt the end didn't wrap up clearly. I do appreciate your input, though. The book certainly is popular.