SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosefolly_gw

And on to December, hurray!

rosefolly
10 years ago

I have just finished up re-reading the Hunger Games trilogy. I saw and loved the second movie with my DH early last week. He also thought it was very good, and superior to the first one. I actually liked the first one myself. Seeing the movie inspired me to go back to the books and I thoroughly enjoyed them all over again. I have heard that they plan to split the final book into two movies which I am not so thrilled to hear. The density and length of all three books is evenly balanced, so I am concerned that this is a mistake. However the only vote I'm going to get is whether or not to go see them. I will reserve judgment.

Now on to my book club book, The Dinner by Herman Koch. I've picked it up but so far have not been able to push myself beyond the first couple dozen pages. I have until Tuesday so perhaps I can read something I will actually enjoy before I have to buckle down to it. I fear it is one of those depressing modern novels that instructs me how just how awful people really are, in case I had not noticed for myself.

I think I'll put a couple satisfying hours in the garden before I submit myself to that.

Rosefolly

Comments (53)